Tala. The creators of beautiful, sustainable lighting.
Tala was founded in 2015 by Josh, Max and William. Three university friends who believed great design was the fastest way to a low-carbon planet. Since then, we’ve become one of the leading lights in design-led, sustainable lighting. A team of engineers, designers and low-carbon pioneers, proud to be creating lights that are gentle on the planet, make homes look great and make life feel brighter.
In 2023, Tala proudly certified as a B Corp™.
- Team of 40 designers, engineers and low carbon pioneers
- Specialists in sustainable lighting technology and multi-category lighting
- Distribution in 20+ countries
- Release 4x collections per year aimed at solving problems in residential and commercial spaces
- Strong historical growth with a CAGR +40%
- 3x global warehouses: Atlanta, London, Rotterdam
- Omni channel fulfilment with dropship & EDI capabilities
Tala is seeking a Management Accountant to join their team in London. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will guarantee the smooth management of day-to-day finance activities, ensure processes are established and adhered to, and support the wider business by providing timely and reliable information for decision-making.
Tala is organised through its headquarters in the UK and two subsidiaries (one in the North America, and one in the Europe), the individual will have exposure to group accounting, as well as to the specific accounting, tax and compliance rules of the different regions.
The successful candidate will be diligent, organised, collaborative, a fast learner and a problem solver, and will thrive on a high level of trust and autonomy.
- Manage the Accounts Payable cycle: entering purchase invoices into the system, ensuring they are approved by the department managers, setting up payment runs and keeping on top of statement reconciliations
- Update the cash flow forecast on a regular basis
- Progressively lead the complete Month end closing process for the 3 entities, including performing complete balance sheet reconciliations and raising appropriate journals
- Prepare monthly management accounts and provide sound commentary for the Senior management team
- Prepare the UK quarterly VAT return and assist with the EU VAT and US Sales tax returns
- Assist with the annual budgeting & forecasting process
- Produce ad hoc reporting to help drive the company’s performance
- Contribute to the overall improvement of finance processes
- Other day-to-day duties to ensure the business’s Finance function operates effectively, such as assisting the Accounts Receivable Manager with collections when necessary
- Finalist or Part-qualified accountant
- Strong academic records
- 3 years+ experience in a similar role, preferably in a small structure
- Track record of streamlining processes and finding efficiencies
- Proficient command of Excel (e.g. lookups, sumifs, pivots)
- NetSuite experience preferred, but not essential
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Career progression within a high growth start-up
- Opportunity to learn from experienced team members across departments
- Join a Certified B Corporation®
- Flexible home / office working split
- Welcome Tala gift and generous product discounts (60% off)
£35,000-£45,000 (dependent on experience) + study support + performance-based bonus
London, UK (hybrid)
Intermediate / Mid-Level
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are right for Tala to firstname.lastname@example.org